Dusseldorf An update is due for Apple users in the fall. Which functions the new iOS16 operating system will bring, when it will come and with which iPhones it is compatible. An overview.
At the start of the WWDC developer conference on June 6, 2022, Apple presented a large number of innovations. Among other things, the new operating system iOS 16, which will soon be available as an update on the iPhones. But what exactly is behind the new operating system, what functions are we expecting and is iOS16 even available for all iPhone users? Everything important at a glance.
What does the new operating system iOS16 bring?
- New lock screen: The iOS16 operating system is the biggest update for the lock screen so far, and according to Craig Federighi, Apple’s senior vice president of software engineering, it is now set to become “more personal and practical”. iOS16 should now allow that design to change the lock screen, for example Draw motifs on photos over the time and customize the date and time in font and color. In addition, there is now also widgets, which Android users have been seeing displayed on their lock screen for a long time. So can different Features such as the weather forecast or upcoming appointments can be dragged onto the lock screen. Now one can live interface are created that app developers can use to show the user the arrival time of a ride service or the status of a game in real time on the lock screen. Also new is the focus function, with which you can set up your lock screen for scenarios such as “work” with topic-related widgets.
- Update for messages and mails: In Apple’s SMS Alternative Messages, you’ll be messages for a while subsequently correct and withdraw be able. In addition, in the future it should SharePlay function give. For example, users should be able to write messages while they are watching a movie together. There should also be improvements in the mail program. Mails can now be withdrawn or the sending of a mail can be timed in advance. Overall, the mail function should become smarter and make communication easier.
- Photos: On the one hand should now Photo libraries with up to six users can be created and edited, on the other hand Apple is now working with the function “virtual lookup”. Translations should be able to be made immediately on the basis of an image, or other information should be given that serves to classify the environment.
- cards: In the future, routes with up to 15 stops can be planned in the map app. The maps app should now also show public transport updates.
When is the update coming?
According to Apple, the update will come in Fall 2022. That means it will eventually between September and November be available. It is assumed that Apple will make the new operating system available at the same time as the presentation of the new generation of the Apple iPhone, which is also due this year.
For which Apple iPhones will the update be available?
This year Apple is once again deleting devices from the compatibility list for the new operating system. iOS 16 will be available for iPhone 8 and later models. The complete seventh generation and the first SE model are therefore eliminated. Specifically, according to Apple information, iOS 16 will also be included compatible with the following devices be:
- iPhone 13
- iPhone 13 mini
- iPhone 13 Pro
- iPhone 13 Pro Max
- iphone 12
- iPhone 12 mini
- iPhone 12 Pro
- iPhone 12 Pro Max
- iPhone 11
- iPhone 11 Pro
- iPhone 11 Pro Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8Plus
- iPhone SE (2nd generation or newer)
#operating #system #iPhone #iOS16 #coming #Apple #update #bring